At least 110 civilians killed in alleged Boko Haram terror attack in Nigeria | DW News

At least 110 civilians killed in alleged Boko Haram terror attack in Nigeria | DW News

Militants killed at least 110 farm workers in rice fields near the northeastern Nigerian city of Maiduguri on Saturday, news agencies and Nigerian media reported. The attack, which injured six other people, took place in the village of Koshobe in Nigeria’s restive Borno state. A local anti-jihadist militia told news agency AFP that the fighters tied up the farmworkers and slit their throats. Although no group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack, the local anti-jihadist militia said Boko Haram was likely behind the killings.

he incident comes a month after Boko Haram fighters killed 22 farmers working on their irrigation fields near Maiduguri in two separate incidents. Boko Haram and ISWAP — its “Islamic State”-linked rival which is also active in the region — have increasingly targeted loggers, herders and fishermen, accusing them of spying and passing information to the military and the local militia. Saturday’s attack took place as people voted in local elections in Borno state. The elections had been postponed repeatedly because of the increasing attacks.

Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/user/deutschewelleenglish?sub_confirmation=1

For more news go to: http://www.dw.com/en/
Follow DW on social media:
►Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deutschewellenews/
►Twitter: https://twitter.com/dwnews
►Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dwnews
Für Videos in deutscher Sprache besuchen Sie: https://www.youtube.com/channel/deutschewelle
#Nigeria #TerrorAttack #BokoHaram

More News Stories

Loading...

More Political News

Loading...