Key Features of the 2021 Ford F-150 Truck
- New optional Tailgate Work Surface boosts productivity at the back of the truck, while new optional Interior Work Surface makes using a laptop or eating a meal more comfortable; available Max Recline Seats with nearly 180 degrees of recline help customers rest between jobs.
- Optional Pro Power Onboard™ means customers can leave the generator at home and free up cargo space; there’s enough energy to power 28 average refrigerators, charge a bed full of electric dirt bikes or run an entire job site worth of tools.
- Exclusive 3.5-liter PowerBoost™ Full hybrid engine delivers Built Ford Tough capability – it is targeted to have the most torque and horsepower of any light-duty full-size pickup, at least 12,000 pounds of maximum available towing capacityᶧ and a targeted EPA-estimated range of approximately 700 miles on a single tank of gas.
- The fourteenth-generation Ford F-Series was introduced for the 2021 model year through a live presentation streamed over the Internet on June 25, 2020.
- The powertrain line is also carried over from the previous generation, with a 3.3-liter V6, 2.7-liter and 3.5-liter EcoBoost twin-turbo V6s, a 5.0-liter V8, and a 3.0-liter diesel V6. Dubbed PowerBoost, an optional gasoline-electric hybrid powertrain is introduced for the first time in a Ford light truck, pairing an electric motor with the 3.5-liter V6.
- The six-speed automatic is dropped, with all engines paired to a 10-speed automatic.
- Along with exterior design changes to enhance aerodynamics, many changes were made to the interior, adding fold-flat front seats and larger touchscreens (including a digital instrument panel); as an option, Active Drive Assist will be offered.
Ford-Trucks.com Ford Truck Enthusiasts News
2021 Hennessey Venom 775 F-150 Arrives With TRX-Beating Performance
by Brett Foote on September 20, 2021 at 7:21 pm
Based on the new 14th-gen pickup, the 2021 Hennessey Venom 775 F-150 is much quicker than Ram’s TRX.
1948 Ford F6 COE Is Baddest Big Rig on the Road: Modded Monday
by S.J. Bryan on September 20, 2021 at 7:21 pm
One-of-a-kind, this custom build combines a solid classic Ford cabover truck with some clever fabrication to make a monster hauler.
Classic 1956 F-100 Gets Unique Look From Gotham Garage
by Brett Foote on September 20, 2021 at 11:09 am
Daily Slideshow: This classic Ford pickup went from rust to riches, quite literally.
Bonkers 775HP 2021 Shelby F-150 is Ruthless
by Aria Goshi on September 17, 2021 at 11:55 am
Daily Slideshow: Coyote V8, Whipple supercharger, and whole lot of Shelby goodness packed into the F-150.
Ford Begins F-150 Lightning Pre-Production, Adds 450 American Jobs
by Michael S. Palmer on September 17, 2021 at 12:08 am
With $250 Million invested and 450 new American jobs at three plants, Ford should be able to produce up to 80,000 F-150 Lightning all-electric trucks annually.